- Pediatric Cardiology
- Wockhardt Nashik Nashik, Maharashtra, India
Dr. Parag Bhalgat M.D., D.M. (Cardiology), Fellowship in Paediatric Cardiology, Israel Associate Consultant - Paediatric and Interventional Cardiologist at Wockhardt Hospital, Nashik.
Dr Parag Bhalgat’s expertise in Paediatric Cardiology has proven to be a valuable asset throughout his career. He is trained in echocardiography and interventions in congenital and structural heart disease, heart diseases in adults, coronary interventions and permanent pacemaker implantation. He has worked as an Assistant Professor in Cardiology at Seth G. S. Medical College, Mumbai. He pursued Fellowship in Cardiology at Schneider Children’s Medical Centre of Israel, Pateh Tikva, Israel where he had specialised training in foetal echocardiography and intervention in congenital heart disease.
Research and publications:
• Transcatheter closure of large patent ductus arteriosus with severe pulmonary arterial hypertension: Short and intermediate term results. Parag S Bhalgat, Robin Pinto, Bharat V Dalvi. Ann Pediatri. Card 2012;5:135:40
• Aortic regurgitation following transcatheter closure of AP window. (Bhalgat P., Kerkar P.) J Invasive Cardiology 2011; 23(10): E235-E236.
• Pulmonary volvotomy by Inoue Balloon. (Sharma G., Bhalgat P., Mishra N., Lanjewar C., Nyayadhish P., Kerkar P.). CSI 2010, Kolkata.
• Febrile illness: Brugada syndrome or Brugada ECG. (Bhalgat P., Mishra N., Nabar A., Lanjewar C., Nyayadhish P., Nathani P., Kerkar P.). Indian Heart J 2008; 60:453 (CSI 2008, Chennai).
• Pulmonary leptospirosis: An excellent response to bolus methyl prednisolone. (Shenoy V., Choudhary A., Nagar V., Bhalgat P., Juvale N.). Postgrad Med J 2006; (82): 602-606.
• M.B.B.S. - Grant Medical College, Mumbai, 2003
• M.D. - Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai, 2007
• D.M. (Cardiology) - Seth G S Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai, 2010
• Fellowship in Cardiology, Schneider Children’s Medical Centre of Israel, Pateh Tikva, Israel
Dr Parag Bhalgat’s expertise in Paediatric Cardiology will prove to be an asset for Wockhardt Hospitals South Mumbai.
He is trained in echocardiography and interventions in congenital and structural heart disease, heart diseases in adults, coronary interventions, permanent pacemaker implantation.
He was a fellow in paediatric cardiology at Schneider Children’s Medical Centre of Israel, Pateh Tikva, Israel from December 2012 to May 2013 where he had specialised training in foetal echocardiography and intervention in congenital heart disease.
Awards & Honors
- Represented Grant Medical College in Pharmacology Quiz in 2000 and Indian Academy of Paediatrics Quiz 2001 (Zonal level)
- Ranked 4th, across India, in DM qualifying examination.
- Interventional Cardiologist